MOST IMPORTANT LIFESTYLE CHANGE IS EATING HEALTHY.
Eating healthy is the foundation for good physical and mental health. Healthy food habits need not be boring and mundane. Healthy diet need not be tasteless. Healthy diet is not about deprivation. It is about being happy and healthy.
There are thousands of healthy and tasty food options. Focus on what you can eat rather what you can’t. Focus on the quality of food rather than quantity.
A simple rule is – Avoid refined and processed foods: (Eg – Sugar, Biscuits, Chocolates, Cakes, Sweets, Ice Creams, Soft Drinks, Pizzas, Burgers, Samosa, Vada, Bajji, Poori, Maida, Processed Meat and Full Fat Dairy Products).
REMEMBER – There is no single nutrient which is going to do miracles to your body. Different nutrients are needed for different functions of your body.
1. For healthy heart, you need omega 3 & 6 fatty acids which are found in fish.
2. For healthy kidneys, you need lot of vitamins.
3. For healthy lungs, you need nuts and green leafy vegetables.
4. For muscle building, bone health, blood vessels, you need protein.
5. For energy, you need carbohydrates.
6. For your skin and hair, you need vitamins and minerals.
Examples of nutrient dense foods:
Protein: Fish, Chicken, Nuts, Dhal etc
Fibre: Fruits & Vegetables
Vitamins & Minerals: Seeds, Fruits, Nuts and Green Leafy Vegetables etc.
Complex Carbohydrates: Ragi, Jowar, Bajra, Brown Rice etc..
Dr. NAZNEEN MALLICK, Chief Bariatric Dietician,
Mobile – 9989797868